A group of about 29 WKU faculty and students made the trek to Gales Point Belize again this January (Jan 6-14, 2011). It was an awesome trip! A small group of the cohort worked with the village to create a $100 solution project to assist with the school lunch program. We decided to help start the Gales Point Craft Cooperative. Gales Point has many community members who make beaded jewelry, wood carvings, baskets, and other items. Each crafter in the village was given $40bz/$20us for as many items as they would like to contribute. We brought all of the item back to the Sates to sell at retail price. The money collected from items sold will go toward a free and reduced lunch program, a cook, dishes, and repairs to the kitchen and cafeteria. Stay tuned for updates!
- NYTs Review: ‘Let It Fall: Los Angeles 1982-1992,’ a Wrenching John Ridley Film
- Obama’s Female Staffers Came Up With a Genius Strategy to Make Sure Their Voices Were Heard
- The end of privatization in the prison system
- Interview with Dr. Randy Stoecker, Professor of Community and Environmental Sociology, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Theodore Roszak : Towards an Eco-Psychology